Plug-In Vehicle Advocacy
- EAA Plug-in Hybrid Special Interest Group (http://www.eaa-phev.org/) — develop and document the modifications needed to convert hybrid electric vehicles into a "plug in" hybrid. The goal is to make conversion plans available as well as a list of parts needed.
- PlugInAmerica (http://www.pluginamerica.org/) — a coalition EV drivers, and clean air and energy independence advocates (PlugInAmerica is an affiliated organization ). This coalition advocates the use of plug-in cars, trucks and SUVs powered by cleaner, cheaper, domestic electricity to reduce our nation's dependence on petroleum and improve the global environment.
- CalCars — California Car Initiative to develop clean, efficient, and practical vehicles.
- PlugIn Partners
Electric Vehicle Development
- Lead Acid (PbA)
- Nickel family (Ni-Cd and NiMH)
- Lithium Ion (LiIon)
- Sodium Nickel Chloride (Zebra)
Discussion groups, forums, etc.
See our list at EV Forums
Individual EV Conversion Pages
(showing how the conversion was done)
Electric Vehicles for Sale
See our EVs For Sale page
EV Conversion Services & Components
- Ampmobile Conversions LLC. (EV conversions in South Carolina)
- ww.autoportinc.com (eBox conversions)
- Canadian Electric Vehicles Ltd. (EV conversions & components in BC)
- Cloud Electric Vehicles (Conversions, Supplies, Racing, Eboats+ in Clarksville, GA)
- Electric Vehicle Systems Conversions & Repair in New Underwood, SD
- Electric Motor Cars 713.729.8668 firstname.lastname@example.org in TX
- ElectroAutomotive(EV kits & components, recent reports or slow deliveries, check with BBB)
- Electric Blue Motors Turn-key new car conversions.
- Electric Vehicles of America, Inc.
- EVs of America (EV kits & components)
- EV Components (Zillacontrollers and EV components)
Inc., general, motor/controller systems
- EVparts.com (EV components)
- NETGAIN (EV components)
- Hybrids Plus (PHEV conversions)
- KTA Services, INC. (EV kits & components)
- Metric Mind (EV components)
- REVOLT Custom Electric Vehicles (EV conversions and components in Austin, Texas)
- VoltsMobile (converter and EV repairs in WA)
- World Class Exotics
Neighborhood Electric Vehicles
(NEVs — Low Speed vehicles LSVs — designed to drive on city streets at sub highway speeds. Although some NEVs are legally equipped, you must check to see if they are allowed to drive on your city streets):
Insurance companies that cover EVs Farmers, Progressive, Geico, State Farm, +
(read all threads at the bottom for all EV driver experiences)
Electrothon & plans
EV Related Organizations
Electric Bikes / Scooters
EV Technology Points
Charging station location links, recommend ReCarGo or PlugShare first
Laws on EVs, PHEVs and NEVs
Community Resources for Owners by Make
Tesla Motors Club Forum (vBulletin)
Unofficial Tesla Owners Map
Model X Premiere Event Join us for a special live webcast
02.09.2012 at 8:00PM PST
My Nissan Leaf Forum (phpBB)
Ford Focus Electric Forum (phpBB)
The listings are provided for information purposes only. The Electric Auto Association makes no claims or endorsements of the companies or the products listed on our web pages. Similar to buying a gas car, You should do your homework (talk to customers, contact the Better Business Bureau, read books and magazines, etc.), and then make your own educated buying decision.